Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rehabbed Sewing Machine Base

Months ago I was at a friends house and she has the most brilliant table in her entry way! It was her grandmother's sewing machine base turned into a table, now my grandmother didn't have one to pass down but i thought this table would look cute in our spare room/sewing room so i figured it wouldn't be too hard to find one.. And I was right!

I looked and found an old Singer Sewing Machine base on Craigslist for $40. It was all rusted and not in the best condition...

After a bit of sanding and scrubbing with small metal/wire brushes I was able to lift the loose paint chips and remove most of the rust. Next I spray painted two coats of Rustoleum Gloss Black Spray paint and let fully dry.

Now that the base was complete it needed a top! Once again I turned to Craigslist and found a company that was selling fully fabricated granite remnants for cheap. I put felt squares on the top of the base and laid the granite on top, the table is so heavy I dont have to worry about it going anywhere.




My table is complete and ready for my machine or a vase of flowers!
One project down... a few more to go <3

No comments:

Post a Comment