Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Favorite Quote Wall Art

Hi! I hope everyone had a super holiday!! I know we did! Today I am Guest Posting over at Peacoats & Plaid! Please hop on over there to check out my tutorial! <3

Lately I have been on a mission to fill our boring white walls so once my Silhouette Machine arrived I decided that in stead of going to the store and buying something over priced and generic I would make a piece that is custom to us and our life!
I asked Z to give me his favorite quote and I made this to hang in our teeny tiny bathroom to help give it some life:


This project was SUPER simple and cost less that $15.00 - win win right!?

Today I will show you how I did this project so that you can create of your own!

First I started with a 22"x28" canvas from the fabric store and painted it a linen color to give it a bit more dimension that just a boring white canvas.

Then using the Cameo I cut out my letters in the right size onto vinyl - if you do not have a cutting machine scrapbooking letter or precut vinyl letters work just as good!

Then I spaced out how I wanted the words to fit on the space:

And transfered the quote using painters tape - it was cheaper than using the transfer paper. This part took a bit of time as the letters didn't want to immediately stick to the painted canvas. I just took my time removing the tape.

Then start painting over it!

I used the Martha Stewart craft paints - I mixed satin black with the silver because I am slightly obsessed with metallics right now.
I put on 2 coats total-

And once it was totally dry I peeled off the letters!
TaDa!!


**If the paint seeps under the letters a little just use some of the white paint [or whatever color you use] and do a few touch ups** :)

It adds just a bit of fun to our bathroom and I could not be happier with the outcome!


Thank you so much for reading- I hope you enjoyed seeing it as much as I did working on it! Feel free to drop by and say hi or check out my Twitter & Pinterest too!!



2 comments:

  1. Super cute project! I think it's time I purchased a silhouette. (that may be spelled wrong, I'm a horrid speller!) I'm a new follower and linker; found you on the Aloha Hop! Hello from just slightly south... Modesto! Can't wait to go through your past posts.. make it a great day. Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Al. You've made this look so easy. I've been wanting to do something like this for ages. Thanks for sharing and thanks for linking up at Thriving on Thursdays. I'll be featuring this at tomorrow's party. Hope to see some more of your great ideas.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete