Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tomato Cage Christmas Trees!

I have spent the past week getting our home all ready for the holidays! I absolutely love the way everything looks all decorated and lit up. We have never put lights on the house, its a lot of work and we just dont usually have the time but I did want there to be some sort of festiveness [if thats a word] on our front porch. Then I found this idea: Alternative Christmas Trees and LOVED it!
Here is my version :)

I went to the local hard ware store and bought two tomato cages -that were stored in the back. I even got a discount because they were the last two! Score! 
They started off orange but I had a can of metallic paint so I gave them a quick couple of coats:

So they looked like this:

 Wrapped them in lights and plugged them in:

Voila! 

It was such a quick and easy project and they add the perfect amount of holiday spirit to the front of our house! 


10 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Too cool!

    I'm a new follower from the CHQ Hop. I'm so glad I found you today so I did not miss these!

    Holly
    http://notdonegrowing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make some of these as well... I live in the South and do not own any tomato cages!!! Imagine that. We stopped growing them from the black bottom rot... My hubby's dad grew them ages ago, so big and juicy they'd cover a slice of bread - oh so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project and it looks simple enough! Thanks for the idea! I am your newest follower from the Friday Chaos blog hop. Love for you to stop by and check out my blog.
    -Kristin
    meetmeonthebrightside.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I found you through the blog hop :-) What an amazing idea, might have to try that! I am your newest follower dear, feel free to visit my blog anytime :-)

    kisses Pakize (Keke)

    http://madamekeke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My! I love love love that idea!!!

    Follower from the Friday Chaos blog hop!

    Nicole Michelle
    www.nicolemichelles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Stopping by from "What Jean Likes" blog hop...glad I found your blog, now following you! :)

    Lolalucy09.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Great minds think alike ;) I was just going through all the link ups (At Keep Calm and Link Up) when I checked out yours. Our projects are titled the same, oops! I should have looked before I linked up! I love how you used lights to make your trees. Are you using them inside or did you put them outside? Either way they look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a WONDERFUL idea!! I have a ton of these in my yard because I garden!!

    Thank you so much for participating in our Aloha Friday Blog Hop!! I am following you, of course!! Wishing you and yours a lovely week!!

    Aloha,

    Jean {What Jean Likes}

    Ps. we have a new button if you want to update yours. It's in the recent aloha Friday Blog Hop post http://www.whatjeanlikes.com/2012/12/alohafrihop33.html (Only if you want it) Just thought I'd include in case you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Thanks for sharing at the link up.... I have some tomato cages from our garden I could use! :)

    ((Hugs))
    Heather
    stringtownhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete